Coloco aqui uma parte da entrevista que dei para a Revista do ICR de junho 2020, sobre uma pergunta que me fazem muitas vezes: – Como é que eu sendo Engenheira Eletrotécnica e Nuclear vim parar à Reflexologia?
Mas, afinal estas duas profissões têm muitas coisas em comum, mais do que pode parecer à primeira vista.
Reflexology and Engineering
“Someone recently asked me if there is a connection between reflexology and engineering. I had never considered the idea, but after thinking about an answer I discovered there is actually a connection between the two. Let’s look at a comparison of the description of engineering and reflexology and their important premises where we will find a match.
1. The word engineering comes from the Latin ingenium, which means “to produce or generate talent or natural quality”. We know that the human body is a perfect and complex energy engineered machine. Reflexology is an energy therapy that involves the whole body. It is a therapy that helps the client/patient to find their inner strength within them, which allows them to produce their own healing process.
2. Engineering is the application of methods of scientific or empirical knowledge for the use of material and natural resources for the benefit of human beings. Reflexology is a therapy with many different techniques, approaches and methods for the benefit of human beings.
3. With engineering is the area of knowledge that addresses the concepts of projection, development, construction, analysis and maintenance of alternatives that help and facilitate the life of society in daily activities. Reflexology, with its application of an appropriate amount of pressure to specific points called reflex points on the feet, hands, face or ears, can help facilitate the life of society in daily activities.
4. Engineering can be a profession in which the technical training of scientific knowledge is acquired for the creation, improvement and implementation of utilities that are functional for the life emphasis in its determined field of application, with its technological peculiarities. Reflexology also shares the creation, improvement and implementation of utilities that are functional for the life of the human being. The utilities that reflexology uses in a treatment are the therapist’s thumb or fingers and in very special cases some tools such a wooden stick, special oils, magnets, hot stones or even multi-reflex tools.
5. Engineering is a very comprehensive science that encompasses a series of more specialized branches, each with a more specific emphasis in certain fields of application and in certain types of technology.
Reflexology too has a series of more specialized branches, each with a more specific emphasis in certain fields of application through the different reflexology systems and each one can be applied to specific pathologies.of the human being. In this process, it gathers other specialized branches, where each one acts with more”
Maria João Oliveira